My understanding of strategy
- Strategy used to be lot about long-term planning and sophisticated scenarios.
- Strategy as I see it gained a whole new dimension adding “digital” to it: The long term perspective has at least partly made way to a definition that is more appropriate for the short-lived nature of today’s world, a meaning that is – and is rightfully so – far closer to the concept of tactics.
- Strategy is about defining the actions that will make a business more competitive, no matter whether long- or short-term and whether high- or low-level. Often it’s also about small actions with big impacts that traditional strategists would ignore.
My strategy experience
- Developed vision, mission, strategy for several ventures and businesses
- Applied the “lean startup” methodology to several business development projects and mixed it with more traditional strategy frameworks
- Reworked the vision and was part of the strategy team for a large tour operator
- Strategy reviews for several mid-tier banks
- Part of the restructuring team for a major global bank
- Developed a country strategy for a consumer finance company
- Roland Berger Strategy Consultants, Senior Strategy Consultant
- Kuoni, board member & part of the strategy team
- Leodan.com, business development & CDO/CMO a.i.
- Everyglobe.com, board member & adviser
- Schindler China, internal consultant
> Read my articles on Strategy