My understanding of marketing
- Marketing is about selling and branding is about identity. In that case these days there is absolutely nothing in a business that is not about branding and marketing. It is how you do business.
- Driven by the Internet’s sometimes painful transparency Marketing and Branding today really mean the art of being, not pretending.
My marketing experience
- Responsible for all European marketing activities at a large tour operator
- Head of Marketing for the leading Swiss tour operator / travel agency at the time
- Developed a new market segmentation at a large tour operator group
- Built up strategic marketing, market intelligence, CRM, brand management, product marketing at a large tour operator
- Implemented a feedback based customer loyalty system (NPS) at a large tour operator and made customer satisfaction metrics relevant for management evaluation
- Developed a new market segmentation model for the private clients and wealth management units of a large banking group in Switzerland
- Acted as CMO a.i. for a new Online Travel Agency
- Kuoni, VP of Marketing & board member (before: Market Intelligence)
- Roland Berger Strategy Consultants, Senior Strategy Consultant, specialized in Strategic Marketing
- Leodan.com, CMO/CDO a.i. & business development
- Everyglobe.com, CMO a.i. (OTA business), board member & adviser